Exhibition Night – “Black & White”
1 October 2021 @ 19:00 - 21:30
As we leave the 2021 Summer behind, and we start to slowly get back into the swing of things, we’re happy to announce the Black and White theme is now upon us.
This is a classic theme that we all love and hope that many of you will take the opportunity to submit images.
Brief – Black and White
Entries for this theme will depict images that fall under the following description.
Black and white photography is the art of using different tones of grey, ranging from white to dark, to create compelling and impacting images. This genre has a very long history – as long as photography itself. Black and White images had been around for 35 years before the first colour image was captured in 1861. When shooting Black and White, you should always ask yourself, Why do I need to eliminate the colour from this subject? And also, What is the importance of shooting your subject in that manner?
When taking your photos, pay attention to the following key points in Black and White photography:
- Photos must be your work
- Image must have been taken in the last 2 years
- Photos must only be black and white (not monochrome or colour).
- Maximum of Two Images per Member (but please only submit a second when requested).
- Voting will be in the usual fashion, by public vote.
- Presential votes will count to this year’s Order of Merit.
Deadline for Entries
- The deadline for the first call for entries is Thursday the 16th September 2021 – (please email your image titles and image format Landscape/Portrait to the usual e-mail address).
Frame Change Thursday
- Frame Changing will take place on Thursday 30th September from 10:00 -13:00
- Gallery Doors open at 19:00 on Friday 01st October 2021
We look forward to seeing your entries.
We welcome the general public to come along and support as they vote for their favourite 3 entries, enjoy some finger food, ambient music with bar available and free admission.
IMPORTANT: Please note that although COVID Measures are not as restrictive the main event will continue to be held outdoors for the time being with social distancing, as well as the use of face masks, will be required when in the gallery.
See you there!