Exhibition Night – “Mobile /Smartphone Photography”
27 January 2023 @ 19:00 - 21:30
Your best camera is the one that is always with you. For many of us, and when it comes to mobile or smartphone photography, that means our mobile phone or smartphone. These devices are small enough to fit in our pocket and lightweight, especially in relation to many DSLR or mirrorless cameras.
Mobile photography or Smartphone photography is for snapping those precious moments. We use it to capture the world around us all the time these days so we thought it would be very fitting to finally hold an exhibition devoted to images taken with mobile /smartphones.
From friends and family, to travel images, not to mention all the food we eat. There is not a lot that we can’t get shots of using a smartphone camera. Smartphone photography is a great way to capture anything that catches your photographer’s eye. Both candid images and elaborately planned shots are possible. Smartphones are one of the most flexible pieces of equipment you will ever own. Apart from making calls, it is your way to the World Wide Web on the move. It can store all your photographs. You can use it to write things down and can store your location. Geotagging is also very handy when it comes to your photography.
So, to get the best results from your equipment, you can use many of the skills you have with a normal camera, but you should also think about employing some of the following points too.
- Pre Set your phone with a quick access swipe or scree gesture to open the camera app.
- Use a Selfie Stick to get better perspectives and angles
- Use the Self-Timer Feature
- Set the focus by touching the screen
- Experiment with different shooting modes
- Try cropping your shots to get a better result
- Adjust the Exposure in a manually
- Use the Flash if in the shade
- Experiment with HDR mode
- Use the available light you have
- Don’t forget the rules of composition
Brief – Mobile /Smartphone Photography
Entries for this theme will depict images that fall under the following description.
- MUST be taken on mobile or Smartphone
- Photos must be your work
- The image must have been taken within the last two years.
- Photos can be colour, black & white or any monochrome colour and no limitation to digital manipulation.
- Maximum of Two Images per Member.
- Members of the public will be asked to vote on their favourite three images to accolade the top three images and respective photographers
- Presential votes will count toward this year’s Order of Merit.
Deadline for Entries
- The deadline for primary entry title submissions is Thursday the 10th of January 2023 – (please email your image title and image format (Landscape/Portrait) to the usual e-mail address).
- Additional calls for secondary entry titles can be sent in by the 22nd of January 2023.
Frame Change Thursday
- Frame Changing will take place on Thursday 26th January between 10:00 -12:30
- Gallery Doors open at 19:00 on Friday 27th January 2023
We look forward to seeing your entries.
We welcome the general public to come along and support the event where you can vote for your favourite three entries and enjoy some interesting discussions with ambient music, a bar and free admission and the infamous “Finger Food Table” will also be available.
See you there!