Field Trip – “Silhouettes, Reflections, Shadows” in Monochrome
12 September 2020 @ 17:00 - 20:00
- When: 12th September.
- Time: 17:00 -20:00
- Location: Olhão (opposite the Marina Hotel)
- Topic: Field Trip in Olhão aimed at Silhouettes, Shadows and Reflections in Monochrome.
Its been eagerly awaited by many of you and the time has now arrived for us to take part in the first APG Field Trip this year and since lockdown was lifted.
Carole will be leading the trip which is aimed at taking photos for the September Exhibition (hopefully to be a print exhibition). The topic being Silhouettes, Shadows and Reflections in Monochrome.
The meeting point will be opposite the Marina Hotel in Olhão where there is plenty of parking. (See image below). We will be gathering at 5.00 pm (17:00). Please have your masks handy and be aware of social distancing. There’s enough space for everybody to move around to photograph at your leisure and enjoy the afternoon. There are many cafes and restaurants to meet up after if you wish. There will not be any boat trip involved.
If you wish to participate, we kindly ask you to register in advance so we have an idea of numbers. Please register by the 5th September 2020 via the APG e-mail address. You will receive acknowledgement of your participation.
This is what the trip is all about: Monochrome – Silhouettes, Shadows, Reflections;
There’s loads of scope with these topics. You can choose any of the three; silhouettes, reflections or shadows, (or any combination) as long as your image is presented in monochrome.
- Monochrome is normally thought of as Black and White but it can also be Sepia, Cyanotype or any other single colour. A close-up photo of green leaves or similar would be a good example of a natural green monochromatic photo that you can capture directly in-camera.
This means that, by definition, all black and white photos are monochrome, but not all monochrome images are necessarily black and white.
- Silhouette; defined as an outline that appears dark against a light background.
- Shadow; created by an object intercepting light from a light source.
- Reflection; use reflective surfaces to create an artistic echo of a scene.
We look forward to seeing you present, and finally…out and about.