Online Exhibition – “Leading Lines”
28 August 2020 @ 19:00 - 21:30
The APG traditionally does not hold any events in August is a holiday month. However, we thought we’d give it a go and hold an Online Exhibition in August for the first time. If members are travelling, they can still participate if they wish.
Exhibition Brief – Leading Lines
Exhibition entries for this theme will depict images that uphold a technique of composition where the viewer of your photos attention is drawn to lines that lead to the main subject of the image. A leading line guides a simple walkway for the eye to follow through different elements of a photo. Commonly they start at the bottom of the frame and guide the eye upwards and inwards, from the foreground of the image to the background, typically leading toward the main subject.
When you’re setting up a shot, take time to spot the scene for its prominent lines. Notice what your eyes are naturally drawn to and where they are, then frame your shots to maximise these elements. Pay attention to element nature provides such as; Rivers, trees, sun-rays, cliffs. Alternatively, Man-Made objects such as; roads, fences, lamp posts, or anything in a row will all help you to take a shot that says “Leading Lines”.
- Photos must be your work
- No restriction on when the photo was taken.
- Photos can be colour, Black & White or any monochrome colour.
- Photos must be at least 1800px on the longest edge and can be Landscape or Portrait formats.
- Maximum of Two Images per Member.
- Entitle your image “Exhibition-name-image-title-firstname-lastname.jpg” For example Leading-Lines-We -Road-to-Nowhere-joe-blogs.jpg
- There will be no voting on this Exhibition and, as such, this will not contribute to the new Order of Merit.
Deadline for Entries
- Deadline for entries is 17:00 on Tuesday 25th August 2020
How to Submit your Entries
- Please send your images to the following e-mail “membership(at)algarvephotographersgroup.org”
with the Subject: Leading Lines Exhibition Entry
- The Online Gallery will be published at 19:00 on Friday 28th August 2020
We look forward to seeing your entries.