Challenge – “Long Exposure”
27 October 2023 @ 19:00
The Online Challenge brief for October is as follows:
Theme – Long Exposure
Entries for this theme will depict images that fall under the following description.
To define the theme, Long-exposure photography is a technique that involves capturing a single image over an extended period of time. By dialling in a shutter speed that lasts 1/30s, 1s, 10s, or even an hour, it’s possible to render moving subjects as beautiful blurs while keeping stationary subjects tack-sharp. Although it may sound complex, the theory behind long-exposure images is actually fairly simple. By controlling the amount of time the camera sensor “views” the scene, stationary subjects remain the same irrespective of the shutter speed, while subjects in motion start to reveal more movement as the exposure time increases. This enables us to create a wonderful contrast between sharpness and blur, producing images that overflow with senses of dreams and reality combined.
Watch out for more infomration about the scheduling of a workshop on this topic.
- Photos must be your work and not previously exhibited or displayed in APG events.
- 2-year rule does NOT apply
- Photos can be colour, black & white or any monochrome colour.
- Photos must be at least 1800px on the longest edge and can be in Landscape or Portrait formats.
- Maximum of Two Images per Member.
- Entitle your image “Exhibition-name-image-title-firstname-lastname.jpg” For example Long Exposure-extended-colours-joe-blogs.jpg
Order of Merit
- All Images Submitted for this Challenge will accrue (1 – One) Merit point each.
- The top 3 images (selected by Guest Judge) will accrue (5 – Five) Merit Points each.
Deadline for Entries
- The deadline for entries is 17:00 on Tuesday 24th October 2023
How to Submit your Entries
- Please send your images to the following e-mail “membership(at)algarvephotographersgroup.org”
with the Subject: Long Exposure
- The Online Gallery will be published at 19:00 on Friday 27th of October 2023
We look forward to seeing your entries.