Challenge – “Street Art”
30 June 2023 @ 19:00
The Online Challenge brief for June is as follows:
Theme – Street Art
Entries for this theme will depict images that fall under the following description.
Street Art is visual art created in public locations for public visibility. It has been associated with the terms “independent art”, “post-graffiti” or “neo-graffiti”.
Street art has evolved from the early forms of defiant graffiti into a more commercial form of art, as one of the main differences now lies with the messaging it normally portrays. Street art is often meant to provoke thought rather than rejection among the general audience by making its purpose more evident than that of graffiti. The issue of permission has also come at the heart of street art, as graffiti is usually done illegally, whereas street art can nowadays be the product of an agreement or even sometimes a commission.
Street art is normally vibrant with colour but some artworks may also look just as good if portrayed in black and white, this is something that you’ll have to decide for yourself. When taking photos of street art. you’ll normally find that good examples are often in busy places (more people passing by means more exposure), so when you take your photo, be patient or even find a way of incorporating that into your image.
Also, be sure to give yourself time to explore various angles and points of view for your shot and at different times of day may also be worthwhile thinking about.
- Photos must be your work and not previously exhibited or displayed in APG events.
- 2-year rule applies
- Photos can be colour, black & white or any monochrome colour.
- Photos must be at least 1800px on the longest edge and can be in Landscape or Portrait formats.
- Maximum of Two Images per Member.
- Entitle your image “Exhibition-name-image-title-firstname-lastname.jpg” For example Street Art-coloured bricks-joe-blogs.jpg
Order of Merit
- All Images Submitted for this Challenge will accrue (1 – One) Merit point each.
- The top 3 images (selected by Guest Judge) will accrue (5 – Five) Merit Points each.
Deadline for Entries
- The deadline for entries is 17:00 on Tuesday 27rd June 2023
How to Submit your Entries
- Please send your images to the following e-mail “membership(at)algarvephotographersgroup.org”
with the Subject: Abstract
- The Online Gallery will be published at 19:00 on Friday 30th of June 2023
We look forward to seeing your entries.