Exhibition Night – “Architectural Details”
31 March 2023 @ 19:00 - 21:30
Brief – Architectural Details
Entries for this theme will depict images that fall under the following description.
Architectural photography is the sub-genre of the photography discipline where the primary emphasis is made on capturing photographs of buildings and similar architectural structures that are both aesthetically pleasing and accurate in terms of representations of their subjects. From shots of historical buildings to humble abodes, architectural photography covers photos that primarily showcase the interior or exterior of manmade structures. With subjects that are static and easily accessible, architectural photography is a natural beginning for a lot of photographers.
But we want to see the details of the architecture…the curves, the lines, the colour or is it the lighting that makes the shot special.
We want you to show us.
- Photos must be your work
- The image must have been taken within the last two years.
- Photos can be colour, black & white or any monochrome colour and no limitation to digital manipulation.
- Maximum of Two Images per Member.
- Members of the public will be asked to vote on their favourite three images to accolade the top three images and respective photographers
- Presential votes will count toward this year’s Order of Merit.
Deadline for Entries
- The deadline for primary entry title submissions is Thursday the 9th of March 2023 – (please email your image title and image format (Landscape/Portrait) to the usual e-mail address).
- Additional calls for secondary entry titles can be sent in by Thursday 16th of March 2023.
Frame Change Thursday
- Frame Changing will take place on Thursday 30th March between 10:00 -12:30
- Gallery Doors open at 19:00 on Friday 31st March 2023
We look forward to seeing your entries.
We welcome the general public to come along and support the event where you can vote for your favourite three entries and enjoy some interesting discussions with ambient music, a bar and free admission and the infamous “Finger Food Table” will also be available.
See you there!