Exhibition Night – “Patterns & Textures” March 2024
5 April 2024 @ 19:00 - 21:30
Patterns in photography utilize elements that are repeated. The repetition of lines, shapes, tones, or colours can create interesting images. Some photographers use the pattern as the main subject of an image while others use it to enhance the overall composition and look of the photograph. The word pattern is derived from the French word patron which refers to a theme of recurring elements.
Texture refers to the tactile quality of any given surface. The tactile quality of a surface is often emphasized when it is illuminated from an angle or the side. When talking about photography texture, we refer to the visual quality of the surface of an object, revealed through variances in shape, tone and colour depth. Texture brings life and vibrance to images that would otherwise appear flat and uninspiring.
Brief – Patterns & Textures
Entries for this theme will depict images that fall under the following description.
- Photos must be your work
- No limit to when the image was taken.
- Photos can be in colour or black and white/ monochrome.
- Maximum of Two Images per Member.
- Members of the public will be asked to vote on their favourite three images to accolade the top three images and respective photographers
- Presential votes will count toward this year’s Order of Merit.
Deadline for Entries
- The deadline for primary entry title submissions is Thursday the 14th of March 2024
- Additional calls for secondary entry titles can be sent in by the Monday 18th of March 2024.
- Please also send in the digital files for your images for the online gallery via WeTransfer.com to the Group E-mail.
Frame Change Thursday
- Frame Changing will take place on Thursday 4th April between 10:00 -12:30
- Gallery Doors open at 19:00 on Friday 5th April 2024
We look forward to seeing your entries.
We welcome the general public to come along and support the event where you can vote for your favourite three entries and enjoy some interesting discussions with ambient music, a bar and free admission and the infamous “Finger Food Table” will also be available.
See you there!