The pressure is on to display high quality, creative images to follow on from May’s successful “Rocks” Exhibition.
Brief – Tattoos
Entries for this theme will depict images that fall under the following description.
A Tattoo is a form of body modification where a design is made by inserting ink, dyes, and/or pigments, either indelible or temporary, into the dermis layer of the skin. The art of making tattoos is tattooing. As such Tattoos fall into three broad categories:
- purely decorative (with no specific meaning);
- symbolic (with a specific meaning pertinent to the wearer);
- and pictorial (a depiction of a specific person or item).
In addition, tattoos can be used for identification such as ear tattoos on livestock as a form of branding, so don’t just limit yourselves to human tattoos. Inclusive are also items or tools used or associated with the art of Tattooing.
- Photos must be your work
- Image must have been taken in the last 2 years
- Photos can be colour, black & white or any monochrome colour.
- Maximum of Two Images per Member.
- If a presential exhibition is permitted, voting will be in the usual fashion, by public vote.
- Presential votes will count to this year’s Order of Merit.
Deadline for Entries
- The deadline for the first call for entries is Thursday the 8th July 2021 – (please email your image titles and image format Landscape/Portrait to the usual e-mail address).
Frame Change Thursday
- Frame Changing will take place on Thursday 29th July from 10:00 -13:00 (further information will be provided based on the number of entries)
- Gallery Doors open at 19:00 on Friday 30th July 2021
We look forward to seeing your entries.
We welcome the general public to come along and support as they vote for their favourite 3 entries, enjoy some finger food, ambient music with bar available and free admission.
IMPORTANT: Please note that due to updated COVID Measures, the main event will be held outdoors and social distancing, as well as the use of face masks, will be required when in the gallery.
See you there!